Are you looking for some Saint Patrick’s Day activities to do with your little one this week? Look no further!
- Draw shamrocks using stencils
- Make a rainbow with fingerpaints
- Use cookie cutters and paint to create shamrock stamps
- Play with green Play-Doh
- Make a cake and decorate it with a rainbow
- Try green foods: lime Jell-O, broccoli, spinach, kiwi, pistachio pudding, etc.
- Sort the charms in Lucky Charms
- Try authentic Irish foods for dinner
Music and Culture Activities
- Listen to Irish music and dance an Irish jig
- Explore Irish heritage by studying the Irish flag and a map of Ireland
- Find Ireland on the globe and track how far away it is from your home
Outdoor and Discovery Activities
- Play I spy and search for green things while taking a walk
- Plant some clovers, flowers, or other greenery
- Using food coloring and water, figure out how primary colors create secondary colors
- Cut the stems of white carnations and put them in colored water to watch the petals change
- Hide “golden” objects or candy coins and have a scavenger hunt
- Use fabric markers or green tie-dye to decorate a t-shirt
- Search for a four-leaf clover, you might just find one!
For more ideas, visit the following links:
- Saint Patrick’s Day Toddler Activities, About Parenting
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Babies and Toddlers, Pregnancy & Baby