This winter feels like it has gone on long enough, but it doesn’t look like it is letting up anytime soon. Try out some of these unique winter play ideas from parents.com and todaysparent.com that you may not have thought of yet this year:
1. Freeze colored ice cubes and hide them in the yard for a snowy scavenger hunt.
2. Try a different take on the traditional snowman.
3. Give ice-fishing a try. (I haven’t done this yet, but my husband keeps trying to get me out on the ice!)
4. Use the freshly fallen snow as a blank canvas.
5. Freeze water balloons with colored water and peel off the balloons to create snowy backyard bowling balls.
6. Use a stick to create a tic-tac-toe board in the snow.
7. When the temperature is below freezing (you will have plenty of opportunities), try blowing bubbles outside to see them freeze.
8. Use sand toys, cookie cutters, and cake molds with dense snow.
9. After all of that cold, warm up around a winter campfire.
10. If you are truly dedicated, create a colored igloo out of ice blocks.
Hopefully these ideas will keep you and your family busy until the flowers eventually bloom again!
What other winter activities does your family enjoy doing outside? Please feel free to comment in the section below!